Mrs. Shalini Goyal ( Governing Council Member )
Renowned Special Educator
Mrs. Shalini Goyal, is overall in-charge of the Foundation’s academic programmes. She has earned a vast experience of educating Special Children of all age groups from 4 to 20 years. With more than 2 decades of work experience in strategic positions at myriads of schools for Special Children in multiple disabilities like spastic, autistic, down syndrome, slow learners and dyslexic children, she has been simply charismatic throughout her tenure in Special Education.
A woman of innate simplicity, utmost humility and an academician by profession, Shalini Goyal plunged into social service inspired by the fiery spirit of philanthropy. She is a multi-faceted personality who is at the peak in her individual profession having a deep-rooted love and concern for children with disabilities.
“Those who educate special children are more to be honored than those who bring them into the world for they give them only life but special educators teach them how to live life.”
She is proactively instrumental in the successful execution and implementation of IIP Foundation’s educational programmes while contributing significantly to the society in many ways. IIP Foundation is fortunate to have people of such a high stature, caliber, repute and exceptional capabilities to grace its Governing Body.
Shalini has a vast experience in administration and in special education with various corporates, rehabilitation centers and NGOs. She has worked as Administrator with various schools & corporates at New Delhi from 1989-1996 during the start of her career. The urge to service for special children bought her to Amar Jyoti Rehabilitation & Research Centre, Karkarduma, Delhi where she studied and then worked as special educator from 1997 to 2007.
She earned laurels and recognition during her tenure and attended various national and international seminars on her subject. ‘Service to special children’ was the motif, which kept her going. Later in the year 2008, she joined Mata Bhagwanti Chaddha Niketan, Sector 132, Noida where she worked as special educator till she thought of started her own voluntary organization to serve a larger and much bigger cause and started IIP Foundation.
Shalini passed her Higher Secondary from Govt. Girls Sr. Sec School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi in 1985, She did her Bachelor of Arts History (Hons.) from Daulat Ram College, Delhi in 1988. Further she did B.ED in Social Studies & Hindi from M.D. University, Rohtak in the year 1993 and M.A. (History), H.P. University – 1991. She had the urge to do work for special children and did her Diploma in Special Education for Mental Retardation DSE (M.R) with Distinction from Amar Jyoti Rehabilation& Research Centre, Delhi in 1999 where she also voluntarily worked during here studies.
- Community Initiatives in Inclusive Education (supported by Women Council UK) for the children of largest slum area of Asia-‘Dharavi’ at Mumbai in the year 2003 with Spastic Society of India’s National Resource Centre for a period of three months. The event was supported by The Centre for International Child Health, University of London.
- National Seminar-cum-Workshop – Early intervention Intensive Portage Training program- By Prof. K. Yamaguchi and team, Japan at Chandigarh inthe year 2000. Organized by Indian National Portage Association in collaboration with Punjab University and Shivalik Public School Chandigar
- Movement Therapy and RecreationalSportswith world renowned Respo Group at Amar Jyoti Rehability Research Centre in the year 2000 under the auspices of: Foundation Recreational Sports Development and Stimulation – Disabled international.
Participation in Workshops & Seminars
- “Child Centered Innovative Approach ” Organised by Akshay Pratisththanin May 2000 held at their centre, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
- “Transition from School to Work “Organised by National Institute for the Mentally handicapped, Secundrabad (NIMH), held at New Delhi in 2001.
- “Understanding Learning Problems in Children “Organised by Tamana Association and Rehabilitation Council of India
- “Active participation during Abilympics” in the Sixth and Seventh International Abilympics held in years 2003 & 2006organised by National Abilympic Association of India
- Professional Training Workshop on AUTISM at Action for Autism, Organised by AADI, Action for Ability Development and Inclusion by The National Trust for the Welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, mental retardation and Multiple Disabilities in the year 2007
- Continued Rehabilitation Education (CRE) Program on Strategies for Inclusive Education organized by Society for Advance Study in rehabilitation and supported by Mata Bhagwanti Chadha Niketan in the year 2012.
- Continued Rehabilitation Education (CRE) Program on Development of Pre-Vocational and Vocational Skills organized by Society for Advance Study in rehabilitation and supported by Mata Bhagwanti Chadha Niketan in the year 2013.